Friday, August 22, 2008

First day of school and hide and go sleep?????






And so the new year has begun....and thank goodness!!!:) The girls are on D track so they start 3 weeks later than everyone else. The last 2 weeks have been rather crazy with fighting, bickering, tattling and a lot of whining. They were all ready to have a little break from each other. McKaylee started 4th grade and Brinley started 2nd. They were both so so excited! We walked them to school that morning and it was fun to see the kids reunite with all of their school friends after a LONG summer!
They both love their new teachers and are excited for the new school year!*****************

The other day, right around nap time, I told Bubba to go get in my bed for nap and that I would be right there. (I always lay by him til he falls asleep....and sometimes longer. ;) He stripped down to his boxers like he always does and ran in there. He always thinks it is hilarious to hide under the covers and then I have to look all over the house for him...then he jumps out after a few minutes and says "SURPRISE! I tricked you again!" Well, he went in, and I was on the phone with my work and ended up being longer than I had expected. When I walked in my room this is what I saw!


5 comments:

Aimee said...

Your little bubba is hilarious!! He says the funniest things! And I can't believe how georgeous McKaylee is. She looks like she's 14. You are gonna be in trouble in a couple of years!

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Even though it's not ME going to school, I always get a little nostalgic when everybody else goes back...We're all just growing up way too fast!!
When Charly saw that picture of Bubba under the covers she said, "Bubba-Feet-Stinky...Poo!" Ha!:-)

Anonymous said...

lol he's so cute! I want to steal him! Your girls look darling

Kara said...

so Julie, I've started to become a stalker of your blog. I love the family blog you did about your parents. Sometimes it is just good to go home. I can't wait for school to start, one more week for us. Thanks for letting me in on your world.

The Escobar Family said...

Julie,

I love your "kids say the darnedest things" section, you tend to forget some of the cute little things they say that give you that PPM (Proud Parent Moment) or just a warm feeling. Your children are quite cute and I love bubba and his antics.

Marco