Sunday, July 27, 2008

Semi-annual date night...and My big helper!

Is it weird I'm so overly excited?????

So last night Brady and I went out! Yes, I know it may be hard for most of you who know our past dating habits. But we did it. It really is hard with Brady's late hours and summer schedule but we made it happen thanks to Brady. We just had a nice quiet dinner at Brady's favorite..Outback, and then ran over to Target. Yep, that was it, but it was awesome! We really do not have much time together so I treasure the moments we are! (Even if we are hanging out at Target! :) ) We really need to be better about it! Any suggestions from any of you who are super daters???? Anyway, it really was great!

Today I stayed home from church with one of my famous migraines and Brady and the girls went to a different ward to see my Brother-in-law ordained Bishop.. Shout out to Derek! Way to go! You will be great! Anyway, Alex chose to go to our ward because it was his teacher's last week before they move back to France as I mentioned in an earlier post! He kept running around the house saying.."I'm so excited I get to be there at church all by myself!!" Our good friend Marci actually brought him home after, but he was so excited to be there "by himself". When he got home, I was getting dinner ready and he of course wanted to help. He was so excited that he could "partially" peel a potato! It took him 30 minutes, and he refused to quit. So I finally suggested that we make dad a baked potato..(otherwise we could be sitting at that sink ALL DAY!) That worked! He was on board as soon as I said he got to poke holes in the tinfoil!


9 comments:

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Pulsie, I am SO happy you and Boo were able to go out! You just call us and we will be there in a heartbeat to play with the kids while you and Boo go out! I hope you are feeling better! I had a headache last night too, but am sure it was just a fragment of what you get with your migraines. Yuck!

Fritzsche's said...

I'm so glad that you were able to get out. It's hard to go out when you have kids and even harder now that we have Kenyon but sometimes we get too and funny as it is, going to target would be as fun as anything else. Just spending time together is nice. By the way, Sunday in primary was really hard because we had to say goodbye to the Senns in sharing time and I don't even know them at all but Ruth Ann was crying and they sang "I am a child of God" to them and I couldn't help but cry myself. I don't know why. They are just such cute and nice people.

Anonymous said...

You are a blogging maniac! I don't read for a few days and bam, I'm totally behind! Way to go on the date thing. It's way worth all the effort to actually go out huh? Lets plan a date night for next month, I could use one! Em

Suz said...

I have a great dating tip for you...DOUBLE WITH YOUR SISTER/COUSIN! Ha Ha. We'd have a great time together!! We could even go biking. :) (since we have twinner shoes)
I'm so sad Thursday is the day to go out with the gals--I'll miss you guys!!!
Call me!

Aimee said...

Ryan and I just had our first date night in 3 months on Sat. Of course we had to bring the baby since he won't take a bottle. We went to McGraths and Ryan ran to the iphone store inbetween appitizers and salads. He ended up taking a half hour so I sat and ate dinner by myself while my baby started to cry. (And he won't take a binki either). I kind of sat there and thought "why did we even bother" but then Ryan got back and we had a short, nice dinner! It's so hard to find time to go out. You almost have to wait until summer is over! Or go late at night!

Melissa said...

date nights keep a marraige happy! :) Bubba's is SO cute! Will you send me a name and number of who you think I should see for my hands? it's pain in my thumb area and my thumb gets stuck. Don't know if I can do anything now that I'm pregnant now? Thanks!.... Melissa

Lindsey F. said...

I am so happy that you put a picture of you and Brady on here!!! I haven't seen you guys forever, and you both look great...just the same as I remember! Too bad we don't live closer, I'm sure that Zander and Alex would be great buds!

Heather D. White said...

At least you guys went to Target together on your date. Our last date, after the movie, Chas DROPPED me off at Target and he went into Sports Authority. LOL!

Allison said...

I love date night. We always do really boring ones though. Just dinner and a movie. But to tell you the truth I love going out for dinner and I love seeing movies so it's great for us. I'm sorry that you had a migraine, that sucks!