Saturday, July 26, 2008

Souvenir's from Korea



So Grandpa Dahlquist spent a few weeks over in Korea for the Scouting program and brought back fun prizes for the kids. He brought back little fans for the girls. He said every woman over in Korea uses them. For Alex, he gave him a Scouting neckerchief. Alex was so excited. He asked me later that night.." Now, that I have this from Grandpa and I'm a scout, can I go on trips with Grandpa? ". He also had an extra souvenir spoon from Korea and he and Grandma gave it to Brinley. Mom has collected souvenir spoons for as long as I can remember and as so many neat ones from all over the world. Brinley has taken interest in it and thinks it is so special that she and Grandma have this "special thing". So last week, Mom pulled out an old spoon holder that she no longer used and gave it to Brinley. She was ecstatic! She kept saying.."I can't believe Grandma would give me something so special to her!". She would carry it around everywhere if we let her!~

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Oh my gosh, my grandma used to collect those little tiny spoons! How funny. She passed away 2 years ago and I have no idea what happened to them. I love your blog! You post so frequently. Your kids are so beautiful. I love the post about them sleeping. I feel the same way!

Allison said...

My grandma collects bells. That's awesome that your dad gets to go on such cool trips. I know that Chad really enjoys working with him.