Ahhhhhhh! Asleep at last. After a few long and chaotic days, much bickering, fighting , screaming and plenty of refereeing on my end, they are finally asleep. There is nothing more beautiful than watching my kids sleep. Why is that? Is it because there is absolute silence? Maybe because I'm not hearing my name over and over and over and over.....again? Not sure, but I do know they just look so peaceful. I could sit and watch them forever! It is so funny to me how quickly they fall asleep when they finally DO fall asleep. Before that, everything is.."Hey mom, guess what?" Or "Mom, I have to tell you something...". Or "Mom...I need a drink!" It seems to go on and on! I read a cute quote somewhere that said, "Anyone who thinks the art of conversation is dead ought to tell a child to go to bed"-Robert Gallagher. Tonight I laid by Alex and when he finally laid down, he was out in about 2 seconds. Oh! I love them all so much! They are all so so amazing and yet so different. McKaylee is my nurturer. She is so caring and responsible and is always thinking of others. She is such a help to me ALWAYS! Brinley is a mini me. :) She is quite the little fire cracker! Always happy and upbeat. Always goofing around and making others laugh but still so tender and sweet. And my little Bubba,(Alex) is a perfect mix of both. He is always so happy and sweet but also has his mischievous side. I'm so lucky to have such amazing children! I have been truly blessed. So now that I am weepy and sniffly all by myself here at the computer, one last thought from Muhammad Ali. "Children make you want to start life over." Thank heavens for kids!
McKaylee 9








6 comments:
Love those pictures of your kids! They are beautiful! What an awesome family you have. Love looking at your life through your blog. BTW what happened to Amy B's blog?
What a sweet moment to have to yourself. You were able to think about how much you love your kids and why and all while they were sleeping. Gotta love that. I too think they are so sweet when they are sleeping. They just seem like little angels.
I too am grateful for the quiet moments that help remind us how precious our little ones are. It's not like we forget how much we love them, but sometimes we are so stressed out, that we forget to remember just how much! Love ya!
Your kids are adorable in their pictures! I love it when Jace sleeps too, he is so peaceful!
They are all really cute kids,and I bet you love their sleep time for many reasons, cute post!
That is so cute what Alex said about Sophie's puppies. I laughed!
Post a Comment