Alex has been lucky enough to have the world's greatest Sunbeam teachers. They are AMAZING! And they are also moving back to Europe at the end of July. We are so so sad. Bro. and Sis. Senn have been his teachers for about 6 months and he absolutely loves them. He is originally from Switzerland and she is from Enland. They have taken a calling that some might say is a "small" calling or maybe not as important as other callings, and magnified it ten times over. Each week, they send each Sunbeam a hand written note that says how much they loved having them in class the last week, and then tell them what they will be talking about the following Sunday. You should see the cute little handouts they do for the kids each Sunday! They have colored each one and put them all together for the kids.. When I told Sis. Senn how amazing she was, she said, " Oh, we have had many higher callings with certain dignitaries and such, but this by far has been our favorite. I don't know who has more fun, us preparing for Sunday, or the kids during class". They really have done such a great job and are true examples of magnifying their callings. Brady and I were called to be nursery leaders several years ago, and we chuckled when the Bishop said, "You guys have the most important calling! Nursery is so important! It's where it all starts!" We thought that was a nice way of saying, "Don't hate us cause we are sticking you in nursery." But now I really do believe that. Alex will never forget the Senn's and what they have taught him. We will miss them so much and wish them the best of luck wherever they end up!!
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
They put me to shame. Congrats on the new calling. Josh said it's either going to be good birth control or a sign of things to come. You decide. Anyway I wish I had more ideas to make my class better because I don't know if it's ok or not. So far we are hanging in there and this is our third week but I feel like the kids are bored.
yeah! I'm so excited you have a blog! Your boy is SO freaken cute I can barely stand it! I'm sad I didn't get to know the senns sp? at all. Hmmm I sure suck at my nursery calling. I just read books and play with toys. No hand outs from me!
I'M GLAD ONE OF YOUR KIDS HAS A TEACHER THAT GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND I CAN JUST IMAGINE THE STORIES MCKAYLEE COMES HOME WITH...HAHAH..ABBY IS OUT OF CONTROL, CORY WAS TEACHING US ABOUT VIDEO GAMES, WE ATE ABBYS LEFTOVER GOLDFISH, OR MY TEACHERS COME ONCE A MONTH!! THE SENNS ARE GREAT EXAMPLES AND I DEFINATLY THINK WE FORGET HOW IMPORTANT WE AS TEACHERS ARE IN THESE KIDS' LIVES!! I LOVE TO HEAR WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE DOING AND IT'S GREAT TO KNOW SUCH SMALL THINGS MEAN SOOO MUCH TO THE KIDS!
Jules, i loved your shout out to the Senn's. They are AMAZING! Jimmy was our home teacher for serveral months and every third tuesday of the month like clockwork, Jimmy was there with an amazing storyboard lesson (like the Christmas story) or an object lesson (like building bridges with legos) that Tony, Marco and I loved. We adored him as our HT and he certainly set the bar high for hometeaching. He is an amazing example and a dear friend to us. EVERYTHING he does, he does his very best and with such love and devotion. Jimmy and Ursula will be truly missed when they leave.
Post a Comment