Friday, October 10, 2008

Crap! I've been Tagged??

So this is the first time I have been tagged, so Gina....thanks so much for the wonderful opportunity I have waited for so long!! :) So apparently, in this tag, I needed to go to my pictures folder and go to my 4th folder and get the 4th picture that was in it... So here it is!

I was so excited that it was this awesome picture! This is my dad and my sister, Jill. I'm pretty sure it was on memorial day. We always go down to the cemetery in Provo where most of our family is buried and leave flowers on each grave. We did not love doing this when we were younger, but love doing it now with all of our kids included as well! The first year my parents were over in Germany about 15 years ago, Me, Kim, Jill and Derek..(and baby Taylor) went and attempted to find all of the graves. We were there FOREVER!!!! But it was still a great memory and we love doing this every year, and then eating at Chuck R Rama afterwards. ( A tradition of my Great Grandpa's) I love this picture! We love our dad!

The second part of the tag is to tell 6 quirky things. Wow! I will really try, but for those of you who know me, I'm totally not quirky so this could be tough!! HAHA! Here goes!

1. I am an obsessive vacuumer. Now, I did not say I have an immaculate house. I can have a completely disastrous home, but absolutely have to vacuum before 9 am and then once again before Brady gets home. It has only been the last 4 year. I think pretty much after I bought my AMAZING Oreck vacuum! I LOVE IT!

2. Whenever we go out to eat, I have to sit facing outward, facing all of the other people. I cannot sit facing the wall. Funny thing is, I have one sister and my Dad that are both the same way! So I don't actually believe it's a quirk if it is hereditary.....hmmmm.

3. I'm a hair twiddler. Always have been. I think it started when I was young and sucked my thumb. I was always playing with my hair with my other hand. And here's a quirk for you. I used to love putting my hair through my toes when I was sucking my thumb. ..I know, you are all saying, " What the ??" Anyway, no more thumb sucking or toe twiddling but I do still play with my hair. Mostly when I am tired.

4. I'm an obsessive flosser. I have floss in my purse, my car, every room in the house. I can't eat anything without flossing after. You know the old saying, " Flossing 38 times a day keeps the dentist away". Right?

5. I have a ridiculous obsession with Q-tips. I clean out my ears 2 or 3 times a day. And do my kids ears at least every night. I used to have to fight them to let me do it, but now they all line up without any fight! I am embarrassed to say I even do it to our dog, Hank. Yes, I know. It's a bit overboard Q-tipping your dog. :) But hey, Now I always know my kids can hear me when I'm talking to them cause they don't have all of the ear junk in there clogging everything up. ..EW!

6. So I just text Brady and asked him what some of my quirks are. He answered this next one back to me in about 3 seconds flat. Apparently, I am really good at finishing other peoples sentences for them. Over and Over and Over. And the one Brady hates the most is that I am always starting a story halfway into it and expect everyone to know what I am talking about. I really do this a lot. I know. I think what happens, is I am thinking about it in my head and then come out and start talking about it after just finishing up another topic of conversation. Make sense? I like to go back and forth in a conversation and switch subjects without letting anyone else know. However, the only time this works out is when it is me and my sisters sitting around talking. I think we all do the same thing so we all seem to follow pretty well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie I knew you were weird but come on!! You scare me! Hair in the toes, q tips in your ears, floss in your teeth pushing a vaccume?! I can picture it now. Im moving.

Anonymous said...

You forgot one more quirk, you always correct everyones spelling so Im going to do it for you. I meant to spell v.a.c.u.u.m.e.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up. You'll be happy to know that I finally put up a new post. I know, don't fall off the chair, but check out my blog. Em

Shanna said...

K that Q tip thing cracks me up. but don't worry, i used to Q tip hanks little ears when he was a pup. I heard its good for them somewhere? i dunno. but i loved that last quirk...cause i do that ALL THE TIME! you're not the only weird one julie. I seriously LOL when i read those. You're a funny lady.

Allison said...

Love this post. So cute!