I love Conference weekend. I love being able to sit and listen to all of the great talks that are given. However, it is a bit hard to hear all of them with 3 kids. They actually did pretty well this year. I printed another General Conference packet for them and had little G.C. treats. That keeps them busy for a while. Every time Alex would get restless and start running around I would say, "Hey we need to watch and see if we can see Grandpa up on the stand." And he would hurry and sit down and watch for a bit. Then when the Congregation and choir sing he sees any man with grey hair and says.."I SEE HIM, I SEE HIM! HI GRANDPA!" It is quite hard to tell when most of them have grey hair and are wearing dark suits! Anyway, it was a great conference. The thing that I loved most was Pres. Monson's talk about finding "Joy in the Journey". And living each day to it's fullest because all of us will reach the point where we have "no more tomorrows". I have a vinyl saying right above my door going out the garage that says, "Nothing means more than this day" I love that saying!

We like to watch conference in our Jammies. Sorry mom! We are a little under dressed aren't we? (Growing up we"
had the opportunity "to wear dresses for watching Conference)...Mom, do you love how I worded that??? :)

I was so impressed! I had to get a picture of this!

My handsome hubby!
6 comments:
I loved Pres. Monsons talk also. I loved how he said enjoy the laundry and the little finger prints on every clean surface because you will miss it when it's gone. Funny-- my mom doesn't miss out messes!!
Julie you are such a cute mom! that makes me so excited to have kids someday. Your kids are so adorable.
That is neat that your kids get to see/look for their grandpa during conference. I bet it is even better when they get to hear him speak or pray!
Oh Pulsie, we too are guilty of sporting our jammies for Conference! When we were first married, I was a bit of a "We HAVE to DRESS UP" Nazi, but through the years, I have tapered off quite a bit. Plus, it was just so snuggy to pile up on the bed, eat blueberry bran muffins and listen to the rain come pouring down outside!
oh my goodness I can't believe u had to dress up to watch conference! I'm all about the comfy pj's all day! Cute pictures of the kids taking notes
I tagged you so check out my blog for instructions.
Post a Comment