So I'm sick of the big gap at the bottom of my blog and also have heard that it is hard to print out the little gadget things on your blog if you decide to print them out into a book so I am just putting them all in a post. So feel free to read, or not...if you already have!
*******************************************************************************
10.30.08 Today I asked Alex if he knew where our baby was and Alex said, " Uh, yah mom! It's on the other side of your belly button...pretty funny! This morning he was in our bed and felt my tummy and said, "So is it coming out today?" ...This may be a long pregnancy! And yesterday we were at my mom's house and McKaylee got in the car and said, "That is funny to hear Grandma Zella talk like that! " And I asked her what she meant, and she said, "Grandma said, 'Oh Crud!' " .....haha! Only with you mom!!
10.22.08 Today while we were having lunch with our friends, Nolan, the little baby had a french fry and was trying to poke it at his sister Makenna's bum. Brinley turned to Makenna and said, " Oh you better watch out! Your brother is trying to feed your bum a fry!"~~And as we were heading over to The Indiana Jones ride, Brady told Alex that he wasn't big enough to go on it! And he was so upset and would not take no for an answer. He said, "How about if I get on your shoulders? Then I will be tall enough!"
10.14.08 So Alex and I are home having a "sick" day. He has croup and I have one of my lovely migraines. He was so bored so we went and got him 3 movies to watch. He set them out and said, "Mom, you get to choose today cause your head hurts bad!" So he laid them out...Toy Story I, Spiderman and the Dare Devil, and Speed Racer. I wanted anything but Spiderman so I first picked Toy Story and he pulled it away and said, "Oh, No we aren't watching that one yet." So I chose Speed Racer and he once again said, "Yah, we aren't watching that one either today, but you pick! " So of course I had no choice but to pick Spiderman and as soon as I did, he shouted, "Mom, Spiderman must be your favorite too!"
10.11.08 Today out of nowhere, Brinley came up to me and said, "I think I want Olama to win..(Obama) cause I actually think it's a good idea to have an African American win the contest".. No joke...her exact words. I have always tried to have my kids say African American instead of "Black" but just haven't heard her say it in a while!
10.02.08 Yesterday Alex had the fireman come to his preschool to teach him fire safety. He came home so excited with his new fireman hat and badge. We were talking about what he learned and he said, " They told us never ever to go back in a place that was on fire!" And I said, "Yes, that is very important!" Then he said, "But if you were still in the house I would come in and save you cause I have a badge now, and I wouldn't want you to get all burned!"9.28.08 Tonight I was laying by Alex and he just out of the blue said, "Mom, why do Grandma Zella and Grandpa Sue always have treats?" I said, " Because they are Grandmas. Thats just what Grandmas do. My Grandma Dahlquist always had Doublemint Gum in her purse and my Grandma Lorraine always made us yummy cupcakes. Grandmas just always have treats. " Then he looked over at me and said, "Oh, I can't wait to be a Grandma. "
9.24.08 Alex was upset with me because I told him he needed to have a nap and this is what he said, " No I don't want to take a nap!.....ok fine! I'm gonna say something to make you mad, mom. ........I LOVE DAD!"
9.23.08 The kids came home from school yesterday and McKaylee and Alex went outside to play while Brinley was finishing her homework. I was sitting at my laptop working and when she finished her homework, I said, "Aren't you gonna go outside?" And she said.., (no joke either, these were her exact words) "No mom, I am gonna stay in here and keep you company. Cause lately, we don't get to spend much time together because of school and friends and stuff, so I am kinda feelin like I miss you. " Ahhhh. That made my day!
9.17.08 So Alex's prayers lately have been so sweet, and he is continually adding to his list of people to bless. Tonight's was extra good! He blessed the usuals.....Sam, Marci, Daxton, Kami and Ellie. (and they usually get blessed 3 or 4 times) Then every single member of our cul-de-sac...no joke! Then he prayed for Tom(our cute neighbor who he has not forgotten in one single prayer for about 6 weeks.!). Then he said, " And bless me not to be mean to Jack, Milli, Tanner, Tyson, Jameson, and what's that boys name? Oh yah, Tony!..(Escobar). " Then I prompted him to cut it short and he opened his eyes and said..."Uh, no! What about...um, um, um, oh yah! My Amber(Escobar)! And I don't know the dad's name, but bless him too. (Then we prompted him and said..'It's Marco' and he said." Oh yah, Marco! Hey just like Marco/Polo! That's so cool!".....Oh my heck. This kid is too funny!
9.14.08 While Brady and I were in St George, We were lucky enough to have family watch the kids while we were away! One night, when Kristin was staying there, Bubba woke up crying and saying' "I don't want mom and dad to die. I don't want them to get hurt!" So Brinley ran into his room, and hugged him and told him everything was just fine. Then she had them both kneel down and say a prayer. They did, and she said Alex went right to sleep. How did I get such amazing kids!!!
9.09.08 Today Brinley came home from school and I had asked her to help me do a few jobs around the house. She reacted with a huge tantrum and was flailing around everywhere. About 5 minutes later, she came up and said, "Mom, I'm so sorry I overheaded you. (I think she meant over reacted) I have just really had a stressful day at school today. You wouldn't understand. " She is my little Drama queen!
9.09.08 Alex and I were sitting on the couch watching Dora. He looked at me out of the blue and said.."Mom, your feet stink!". I said, "No they don't!" So he smelled mine and then smelled his and said.."Oh, never mind. Yours smell really good, mine are stinky. Ew!"
9.05.08 I am amazed at how kids think sometimes. Today Alex and I were at Smiths where we bumped into a good friend of mine, Krissy. After we were done chatting and went into the bank, I explained that Krissy was Uncle Derek's sister. And he said.." Oh, and Dave." I said, "Yes, that is Dave's sister too." He asked me again where Dave was now and I said ," He is in heaven. "He sat there for a second and then said, "Who came and got him?" I said, "Heavenly Father and Jesus needed him in Heaven" Then he said.." Oh, I get it now. Just like on the song.."(from the CD "My Turn on Earth.. We have been listening to it non-stop!) He said.."Maybe he heard them calling his name too!" **For those of you who aren't familiar with the story, Go get it! And it will make more sense. Sweet Bubba!That story also reminds me of one where my sister, Kristin had taken McKaylee to my Dear Aunt Diane's grave where they took her flowers and sang her songs. Kristin explained that Aunt Diane's body had been buried there and that one day she would be resurrected and her body and spirit would be together again. McKaylee sat there for a minute(I think she was 3) and said, " So...When "they" all come back, are they just gonna be sitting on the grass waiting for us to come pick them up? " Then she added, "And will they have their own car?" She was concerned about her sweet Aunt Diane. Kristin, thanks for the exact words on this one! :)
9.o3.08 Tonight during family prayer, Alex was giving the family prayer and said this.." Please bless Grandpa 'Dahlkiss' to be safe on his trip to the South "Pusicket"(Pacific) Then he was quiet for a minute, let out a little toot and said during his prayer, "Oh, excuse me". Then he went on with the rest of his prayer
.9.03.08 Today one of Alex's little friends in the circle accidentally ate a cookie that had macadamia nuts in it and he is extremely allergic. Alex saw how we were all checking to make sure Tyson was ok and heard us talking about his eyes swelling up and his coughing. During the prayer on the food this is what he said,"Please bless nobody to give Tyson nuts so that he will be sick and throw up. And bless his mom to get really mad at him next time he eats nuts so he won't get sick again and have weird eyes. " He was definitely concerned for Tyson.
9.01.08 Brinley came running in to tattle early today and said, " Mom, McKaylee is playing her music loud and I had the tv on first. " I said to her, "Brinley, turn the tv off, you are supposed to be doing your chores. Just listen to the music while you do your jobs. " And she said back, "Mom, I can't listen to the music cause I can't dance AND empty the dishwasher at the same time!!!"
8.29.08 This morning Alex climbed into our bed about 5:00 am and then fell back asleep. About 6:30 he sat straight up in our bed totally and completely awake and said.."Is it Christmas yet?".....Random???? So when I explained that it was not for a few months he was upset and then waited a sec and then after thinking for a minute said.."Oh well, I'll just have some "Fwoop Woops"..(fruit loops): And that was that!
8.23.08 Yesterday McKaylee came home from playing at a friends and started telling me this story. . "Mom, Hannah's dog had puppies last year. I don't know what kind they were. She married a dachshund and then, so sad, the dachshund died. I don't even think he was there for the birth....":)
8.22.08 For some reason, every morning it is always a battle to get Alex to go to the bathroom. He just wants to have breakfast and watch a show. This morning Alex woke up and I was getting him his breakfast. He was dancin' around like he needed to go potty so I said, "Hey bud, go in and go potty cause you are totally doing the potty dance." Still dancing he said, " No mom, really I don't have to, I'm not doing the potty dance, I'm doing the happy dance."
8.19.08 Bubba and I were just sitting here having lunch from Kneaders. He had been throwing a GINORMOUS tantrum because he didn't get the chips he wanted. After letting him flail around and scream for a bit and just let it out, I told him to sit up and finish eating. When he did, he took the bread off his sandwich and started pulling apart the Turkey into little pieces. I asked him why he was doing this and his reply was.."It's a lot easier to eat small pieces when I'm freaking out. It's too hard to eat big stuff when I'm screaming, Mom."
8.18.08 Last night we got together with family and were discussing the fathers blessings Brady gives to our girls before school starts each year. I was reminded of a funny thing that happened last year while Brady was giving Alex a blessing. As Brady began the blessing.."Alex Brady Edwards", without any hesitation Alex said...."WHAT?" So cute! (He was just 2 then! )
8.15.08 Today has been sort of a crummy day. I have been feeling sort of sad due to certain situations in my life right now. Brinley came up to me about and hour ago and said.."Mom, what is up with you? You are never sad like this! Ah HA! I know! Remember that hugs are like medicine? They make you feel tons better, I promise." Then after she gave me a big hug she said, "I have an even better idea. I'll go get McKaylee and Bubba and we will give you a super super hug!!". Thanks Brinny! I love you!*****************************************************
8.13.08 Today we were at Grandma Zella's and the kids had been playing for a while. Alex went to go to the bathroom.(Which he always does by himself) But this time he said.."Mom, can you please come in with me?" So I went in thinking maybe he wasn't feeling well, and I said, "What's the matter bud?" Then he said, "Nothing, I just wanted you to come in and talk to me.....You can have my 'pivacy" too. (He is always letting you know he "needs his privacy") ******************************************************
8.11.08 I am definitely ready for my kids to start school. They seem to bicker 24/7. Tonight, after getting after the kids for not getting their pj's on like I asked Brinley very calmly said.."Mom, you know what I just figured out? When you are in a bad mood you are really grumpy. ....That's all.." And then she went off skipping down the hall. Ahh. Patience, Patience Patience. :) ******************************************************
8.11.08 Today I took Alex to the Dentist for a cleaning. After he was all done, they gave him a huge back of goodies..new toothbrush, toothpaste, stickers etc.. And he turned to me and said, "Mom make a bepointment for next week and I will have her clean them again! ". They love free stuff! ******************************************************
7.30.08 Tonight after dropping one of my nice dishes and shattering it everywhere, Bubba immediately said, " Ok, Ok, Ok, I'm going right into my room. Don't be mad". I actually totally laughed!*****************************************************
3.30.08 Brinley was having a hard time getting to sleep one night and Grandma Sue was babysitting. When Brinley came out to tell her she couldn't sleep, Grandma Sue went in her room with her and had her say a prayer that would help her to sleep. I didn't know about it until the next morning when Brinley told me the story and then said, (while having tears in her eyes), " Mom, that was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me! I was so happy I started crying when she left!"*****************************************************
8.01.08 Brinley was feeling a little sick after swimming today and layed down for a bit, then came over to me to snuggle..(She is my tender one!) After about 1 minute of hugging me she said.."Hey mom! It's like medicine! After hugging you I am actually feeling much better!"
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
wait...Julie, you're pregnant?
Hey girl, saw the big reveal on FB!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and Brady. I hope all is well and your feeling great. Four is a great number.
What? I did not realize you were pregnant!!! How far along are you? Congrats!
Susannah
Post a Comment