Friday, January 2, 2009

Missing our Dad.....

So Brady took off yesterday for New Orleans for the big Sugar Bowl which I must say was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a game! Anyway, we decided not to take him to the airport because it is SUCH a traumatic experience for the kids. ...Here is why. :)

We have been so lucky that Brady has never had to travel with his job....EVER! We usually go once a year to the Specialized Convention but that is about it. So when Brady leaves, even if it is only for a day or two, our whole house falls apart! The kids cry and cry, I cry, Brady cries. We are quite a pathetic site! We always try to explain to the kids how lucky we are that Dad never has to travel like some other Dads do for their work. It doesn't seem to help one bit!


Brady has been gone a little over a day and Brinley and Alex have probably asked about 30 times when Dad was coming home. Tonight in Alex's prayer he said, "Please bless dad to get home tonight and surprise us while we are sleeping so we won't be sad anymore." Then after he finished his prayer, he and Brinley were in tears again asking when Dad would be home!
I chose not to text Brady and tell him because I knew that being the "softy" he is, that would bring him to tears too!

So Brady, you always joke with me that I'm probably having a blast while you are gone! But I am miserable too! I love you so much and miss you when you are not here, just like the kids miss you too! Come home soon! We love you! Thanks for all you do for our family! :)



5 comments:

Aimee said...

That is so sweet!!!! My kids have a hard time too when Ryan leaves. Jake put on his swim suit yesterday and said he was waiting for daddy to come home so he could take Jake swimming. I told him several times Ryan was coming home on Saturday. So imagine tonight when I had to tell them that Ryan can't make a flight home and he has to come home tomorrow!!! UGH!!! Well, at least I did the majority of the potty training. My house may look like a bomb and I didn't do my hair or makeup the whole 3 days Ryan was gone, but the potty training is mastered!!! Hallejulah!!!!

Fritzsche's said...

That is so sweet and I seriously love Alex's prayers. He says the cutest things and they're so profound so something.

Carrie Wagstaff said...

That is so cute! It is so hard to have the hubby/daddy gone! I bet he had fun at the game though! Trent's job is in Dallas now and he's commuting there every week Monday through Friday (and sometimes Sunday through Friday). It really stinks and it's definitely hard on the kids so I know how you feel! :)

Kelli said...

You guys are all nuts! We love it when Scott goes out of town. We get to eat ice cream in the living room and have cereal for dinner. Nothing beats that! (Obviously, we are used to it.)

Glad he made it home safely and that he could proudly wear his red sweater to church!

Emily said...

That is so cute! That makes me smile to see how much you guys love each other. I can't imagine my kids all crying when their dad was gone. I'm afraid we're much too used to it around here. You are so lucky to have him home most of the time! Brek doesn't travel a ton, but he is gone here and there, and usually when he's gone it's for a week, which stinks. Oh well, that's life! I wish I could have seen you guys when I was in Utah. I definitely want to meet up with you all sometime...without my kids!