This past Sunday, we had the opportunity of attending the Draper Temple Dedication... Brady, McKaylee and I were able to experience something I know we will remember forever.My Dad spoke at this Sunday session of the Dedication, so we were able to be together with our entire family and a few others in the Celestial Room of the Draper Temple.
We had the opportunity of being in the same room as the Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. Wow! I can't even explain the overwhelming spirit we felt that day in the Celestial room.
My dad did a wonderful job speaking and was followed by President Eyring. They also had a small choir of 30 people singing. I can't even begin to tell you how AMAZING it was to listen to them! I felt like I was in the Tabernacle! And the closing song was, "The Spirit of God". Everyone joined in singing with the Choir and it was PHENOMENAL! I could barely sing! I was so overwhelmed! I kept telling McKaylee, "This is such a neat thing! Do you realize how lucky we are? You will always remember this! You will probably never be this close to the prophet again!"
So since McKaylee went with us, I am having her just share her feelings about this experience.....
(McKaylee)
I felt that the spirit was in the room. It was SO SO SO AMAZING to be in the celestial room with the prophet. Grandpa talked to the youth about how to prepare themselves to go to the temple when they are older. The choir was SO beautiful. I will always remember this AMAZING moment!!!!!!!!






5 comments:
What a great experience! I absolutely LOVE that temple and feel like it was made just for US! We are so lucky! Great post.
lucky ducks! we watched it in our stake center, but wow! lucky you guys. your family is so cute. what a sweet testimony your little one has.
We were at our Stake Center for that session and it was a great experience. I loved your Dad's talk and all of them. Awesome that yoiu could be there!
I went to the session that your Dad spoke and he really gave an amazing talk. Wasn't it fun to have your daughter there. Jason went to the second session so it was just me and Madison and I LOVED it!
Wow, Julie. That is amazing. What an incredible experience!!!!!
Post a Comment