Friday, May 15, 2009

McKaylee's Piano Federation and Choir Concert

McKaylee had her first ever Piano Federation a few weeks ago. For those of you who are not familiar with Federation, it is where you memorize and try to perfect your pieces then go in front of 3 judges and are judged on each piece. I did it growing up along with my sisters, and it was much different! It was up at the U of U in a HUGE room and was so intimidating and scary. This was much different. It was just at Riverton Music in a fairly small room. Although I know McKaylee was still pretty nervous. But she did GREAT! And got all SUPERIORS!!!!! That is pretty amazing on your first Federation! So WAY TO GO MCKAYLEE! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!
Last night McKaylee had her School Choir performance! It was great! They worked really hard with these kids! The kids went to Choir practice twice a week at 7:30 am for 8 months to prepare for their performance! They all really did such a great job!

Brin and Bubba had a hard time sitting still for the entire hour, but did pretty good considering!

McKaylee sitting with her good friends, Hannah and Haylee.




McKaylee and Grandma Zella
Cute picture....ignore the puffy whale in the middle!





7 comments:

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

Hey quit being so hard on yourself, you are prego and look cute! It is coming so soon, I can't believe how fast its going! Probably not for you though!

Melissa said...

gosh I would have a hard time sitting still for an hour too! Good job McKaylee! Wish I knew how to play! K love bubbas "special knees" comment!

REYNOLDS FAMILY said...

1st off SHUT UP you look FABULOUS and I mean that! I LOVE that McKaylee did federation my sister and I did Federation growing up at Riverton Music actually and I remember how scary it is going in front of those judges and you practice and practice those songs it is SO HARD to get all superiors GO MCKAYLEE!!!

Aimee said...

You are so funny! You look great. I had so much fun with you guys last night. and I am still cracking up about our conversation in the car!!!!!

Emily said...

Ah, the good ol' days of federation! Yuck! My kids don't do federation here, they do festival. Instead of three judges, they have one. But, that is about the only difference. It is always stressful preparing, and we are all SO glad when they are done! So, way to go McKaylee! Awesome job on the Superiors!!

Fritzsche's said...

Hey we miss you around here. What you think you got a pool now so you don't need to bother stopping by. Anyway we need to go do something before you pop. Hope all is good.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mckaylee. I never had the guts to enter federation. I was way to chicken! She must have all that musical talent oozing through her blood!