Wednesday, August 12, 2009

HOMESICK :(

So here's my question....Is it possible to actually be living in your home, with all of your family and still be HOMESICK? Here's my answer! .....ABSOLUTELY!
I am so happy to finally be in our home and we really do love it so much and love the area as well. We went to our new ward this week and it was awesome! I know we ARE where we need to be. .......................Then how come I am homesick?? Horribly homesick? I never imagined moving would be this hard!! So for anyone out there thinking about moving...Don't do it! I am having the hardest time adjusting! My kids are doing GREAT! They have already met so many friends and are doing awesome! I'm just a boob! I know I need to just BUCK UP! Anyway, I just think that when you have as good of friends as I have, it will never be easy to be away from them!
So everyone back in the SS Hood and all my friends and neighbors, DON'T MOVE....unless you are moving out here by me!
I love you all! And blame your totally awesomeness for my sadness!~ :)


































9 comments:

Nielsen Fam said...

Julie,
We moved to Texas for 3 years and I was so sad leaving here, away from my family and friends. I never thought I would be O.K. 3 years later when it was time to move home I couldn't believe how much I missed Texas! It is so strange how in time home is wherever we plant ourselves!

Royce's said...

Home is where the heart is, and I think someone forgot their heart here in SS hood!? Julie!! We miss you terribly but, you are such a wonderful person and you have such a great family that I dont doubt that you will make new friends and plant your new roots in your new home. You have had so much going on and have been moving all over the place, give yourself some time. And remember that you are ALWAYS welcome her in ol' court. Plus... I dont know how you couldnt make friends, your so loud and friendly that I felt like if I didnt make friends with you, you would just drive me crazy!! We miss you, keep your chin up because your sadness is making me sad!!

Heidelweiss said...

I hear a LOT of people go through this when they move. I did not, since our last neighborhood was crap ;). But, I know many of the people around here (who love it now) wanted to move back to where they came from. You'll be fine.

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

I am homesick FOR you!! That neighborhood was like a family! Even though we live in sort of a "ghetto-hood" right now, I am actually already tearing up just thinking of leaving all the GOOD and WONDERFUL people that have saved our lives and made our street SO much nicer!! By the way, how cute is Brinley, setting up for a photo shoot! I love it!!!

Aimee said...

Julie, hang in there. Moving is the hardest thing ever. I HATE IT! It takes so long to feel really comfortable in a new neighborhood and new ward. In fact, I am still not as comfortable in our neighborhood now as I was in the one we both lived in. I still need to come see that sweet baby girl! Illness has plegued our family for over 3 weeks now!

Sunni said...

OK, I'm homesick after seeing all those fun pics and I didn't even live there! Let's go get some icecream, or something deep fried and covered in chocolate...that will help the hurt.

Donny and Minde Hamel said...

I know you are sooo sad , but I am sooo happy to have you here!!!! I was just waiting for fun neighbors and it worked out perfect cause I already knew ya!!!! We will try to be fun, good neighbors!!!! I am also so sorry my kids are a little crazy, but I will try my hardest to keep them from just walking in your house!!!!! We are truly so glad you guys are here!!!!

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

I am sorry you are homesick, that would be hard. That is a really fun neighborhood and I think it would be hard to leave if I was so close to everyone to. hang in there.

Hope to see you soon! Maybe olivia will come again!!! she is so sweet and cute!

Fritzsche's said...

Oh my GOODNESS! Love those pictures of me. Thanks so much for reminding me of what a goof ball I am. I miss you guys too and wish things were different but I just don't know if there is anything we can do about it at this point. I hope things get better for you and that eventually you can get over us. We are great it's true! I think about moving and decide I just can't do it yet. Not because I couldn't sell my house right now in this market but I just mean I would miss everything all to much too. Don't worry though. I'm sure one day some of us will up and move away and do the same thing and be in the same boat you are in and feeling like what have I done? Just come visit us often and things will be all good.