

Dad makes the greatest ribs ever!


"Charlies Angels" with our dad!Grandpa's namesake,Charly Winn.
Tomorrow, August 5 is my Dad's birthday! Yipee! So I thought I would take just a second to list only a few of the things that make my Dad the greatest ever~! My mom and dad raised 5 daughters-(no boys) and actually survived! I don't know how they did it!
My Dad is my absolute hero in life! I can honestly say I have never met anyone like my dad! (Of course, we are all completely biased, but what do you expect? We are all Daddy's girls! Since I can even remember, my dad would always sing "Thank Heaven for little girls.....". I love that song so much and no one sings it better than Dad!
My dad is a "Whistler"! We can always tell where dad is. You just listen for the whistling!
He does so much for so many people! I remember growing up, anytime there was a major snow storm, you could bet that my dad would be up and 4:00 a.m. Snow blowing everyone on the block's driveways..And the best part is, HE LOVED IT!
Probably one of my favorite things that my dad does is he always comes out to wave to us when we are leaving their house, and he waves until you can't see him. I wish I had a picture!
Dad LOVES his banjo playing! I remember I would come home from dates in High School and he would be sitting outside on the porch, with his feet up on the post, and singing..."Frog Kissin'" Or "The Auctioneer". Something I will never get sick of hearing. I love hearing him sing!
When my sisters and I were very young, I remember my dad coming home pretty late from work and he would come in and wake all of us up just to sit around and table and chat with him. I don't even know if my mom knew he used to wake us up. She probably wouldn't have been too happy! But what a great memory! We didn't remember every detail because we were half asleep!
When I was younger, we had the opportunity of having one of Santa's "helpers" in our family. My Grandpa Dahlquist use to dress up in his Santa suit and we would all get turns sitting on his lap. Years have passed, and my Grandpa is no longer with us, but my dad has taken over the obligations that come with the Santa suit! Last year we all bought him a new Santa suit. His old one was pretty worn! He is the greatest and funnest Santa's Helper you will ever meet, that's for sure!!
All of the grand kids ADORE my dad! I have never seen anything like it! He is always playing with the kids...He even always insists each Thanksgiving that he "gets" to sit at the kids' table!

Wow, I really could just go on and on about my dad because of what an amazing person he is. And also, what a Saint he is for putting up with my obnoxious teenage years. He has always had quite an abundance of patients!
Dad! I love you so much! Thank you for all that you have done and continually do for my family!
I will always be your "Little Girl". Thank you so much just for loving me! Even through the trouble I gave you early on! You have helped me through so many personal challenges I have had to deal with the last several years and I will be forever grateful for that!
I love you and hope you have a great birthday tomorrow!
Love,
Pulse





4 comments:
What a great dad you have!
Your Dad is awesome!! We have such a great family. I feel so blessed!
I'm so glad we got something on the calendar to look forward to.
See ya soon.
OHHH..WHAT A CUTE DAD YOU HAVE! 5 GIRLS!? WOW..HE IS A SAINT FOR SURE!! I LOVED THAT POST I THINK IT REALLY HELPS TO WRITE STUFF LIKE THAT DOWN BECAUSE IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS THAT MATTER SO MUCH AND IT'S SO EASY TO FORGET I'M SURE HE LOVED READING IT!!
Wow. He sounds like an amazing man. Chad really admires him. Awesome tribute!
Post a Comment