Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Put on a happy face....Fun weekend for Alex and the Girls





So that was a pretty depressing entry on Monday. Yikes! I'm in a much better place now that the sun is shining again and I'm not listening to the constant bickering. Just sitting here with Bubba watching "Diego". It is amazing how much a sunny day can change your mood. I think it just got too rainy and too cold...too quick! But we are all sporting "happy faces" now so we are all good!

This last weekend was a fun one for the kids. Alex went with Grandma and Grandpa Dahlquist to Swiss Days and to our cabin on Friday. They had a great time. My dad called the night before and said,"Make sure Bubba brings his baseball mit and cowboy hat!". I love it! Alex was so excited. Mostly that he got to play catch with Grandpa! So they spent some time at the cabin, at the park playing catch and got to cruise around Swiss Days! Thanks Mom and Dad for such a fun day with Alex! He hasn't stopped talking about it! Thanks for the pics dad!
Then Alex and the girls went over to their other Grandparents for a sleepover with all of the cousins.....I know, it sounds like a bit of a headache to me too! But every few months they all get together at Grandma Sue's and Grandpa Rich's and sleepover. They always have a blast. Then they went swimming the next morning at their neighborhood pool. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Edwards!
Then Sunday came around. We went to church and after Sacrament meeting, Brady took Alex to primary where he was asked if Alex had his talk ready.....HUH???? Yep! Totally spaced it. We thought quick and threw something together. The theme for the month was "Baptism" so I had Alex talk about his Grandpa Rich and how he used to not be a member of the church and how Brady baptized him when he got home from his mission. At the end he said.."I'm grateful for baptism cause since my Grandpa has been baptized, he has also been to the temple, and now I can be with him forever. ". It was cute. He did a great job. Anyway, so long for now. Let's all hope and pray for as much sunshine as we can get this next week so we can all be sporting "Happy faces" instead of gloomy ones.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute pictures! glad I'm not the only one that gets depressed when it rains!

Anonymous said...

I love your background, it's really cute. I can't believe what a blogger you've turned out to be!! Em

Fritzsche's said...

I'm so glad that my boys have such cute friends who love and care about them. Alex is such a cutie. I love reading the things your kids say. They crack me up and I love that you remember them well enough to put them on your blog. You must have to update it often. I need to do better at writing them down too because they always say funny things and I like the way you write them better than the way I have been. I may have to copy yours. Sorry. I hope you don't mind. You're the best. Also thanks for the bread. It went perfect with my dinner.

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

I can't get over how stinking cute your "darndest kids" stories are!!! I am so glad you put those on there! I started one for Charly, but they are on an entirely different level than yours! I'm so glad Bubba got to go to Swiss Days with Mom and Dad! Those are some of my favorite memories as a little girl!