Monday, September 1, 2008

Rainy days and Mondays.....

So usually I love the rain. Not sure why today is different. I'm thinking it may be because it is a holiday, and Brady is working, the kids are fighting like cats and dogs and I was really banking on the fact that my kids could spend the day OUTSIDE today. Not gonna happen. It is pouring!!! I really do usually love the rain, but today it's making me a bit gloomy. It is funny because I was in making my bed and just started singing the words to the Carpenter's song..." Rainy days and Mondays" and realized it's not just a rainy day, but it's MONDAY! I'm actually thinking we are going to venture out into the rain in a bit just so the kids can have a break and splash around a little. And at least I know that even though it may still be raining tomorrow, it won't be Monday anymore.....

4 comments:

The Escobar Family said...

Jules, it was a bummer day for sure! At least it cleared up a little later and I hope your family got out and did something fun. We were just lazy and worked on cleaning the basement....lame! By the way, I wore the necklace and earrings you gave me today and they looked fabulous! Thank you! Love you tons!

Aimee said...

Your so cute Jules! I love that Carpenters song. I hate the rain cause it's so depressing and I don't like getting wet. My kids were fighting a ton too! then my friend called to see if we wanted to go to the park & we went to fly kites. It was a blast!

Suz said...

We ended up turning things around when the weather changed (Utah weather--crazy!!). We had an impromptu garage sale for the afternoon and it turned out great! And I was thinking we were doomed to a work day in our basement too!
By the way, I've lost my camera! No blog postings for a while now!!

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Pulsie, that is so crummy! We were up at Bear Lake and had to stay inside all day Monday! We ought to get together as sisters with Mom and put together a Rainy Day kit with fun games and activities for days just like that!
Thank you so much for my Scentsy stuff! I picked it up from Mom's yesterday! I will bring my "trade in" for the Sandalwood & Cranberry on Thursday! Luv ya!