Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Disneyland......day 1

So I have decided I am going to blog each day while we are here in Disneyland so I don't have a ton of catch-up to do when I get home. Today was great! We got here yesterday afternoon and just sort of hung out at the hotel..went swimming and to dinner! It was awesome! And can I just tell you how much I love staying in a hotel? Probably one of my favorite things to do!! Not sure why, but I just love it!

So we got up bright and early this morning, not by choice but because Brinley is always up at 6:00am and since we are all in the same room, so were we!! We got ready and headed to breakfast at Millie's restaurant. Then we were off to Disneyland!! What a blast! The kids loved it! They weren't as excited as we had anticipated for their first time Disneyland experience. I think they were just completely overwhelmed! So right as we got there, we ran into our neighbors, Lynnie and Dave Johnson! What a small world after all! Then we also saw Brinley's teacher with her family! So crazy! After doing a bunch of rides, we hooked up with the Rideouts and went on some rides together with their family! Shortly after, I was not feeling good at all, not sure why, but I was not gonna last 2 more minutes...at least today! So cute Brinley said, "Hey Mom, I will go back to the hotel with you and keep you company" so she did. Brin has my same "lack of " attention span so I think the fact that Disneyland is so huge, sort of overwhelmed her. As we were leaving, she said to me, "Gees, there is a lot more air at Disneyland than I thought. I thought it was just a little castle or something...there is just SO MUCH AIR! " Funny. When we got back to the hotel, we bought one of the 15 dollar movies to watch and just sat and watched "Kung Fu Panda" together. It was so awesome to have that little one on one time together!
She just kept looking at me and saying, " Mom, I love you! You made this so fun for us! Thanks!" Oh Brinley, I love you!
So here is another little thing that happened. We got to Disneyland and I realized I didn't have my phone and it was nowhere. I was sure I left it in the Bathroom at this restaurant where we had breakfast. It wasn't there when we went back and nobody had turned it in so I came home and looked up the activity on my phone and someone had been using it. HOLY CRAP! So I called the number that they called and was talking to the totally clueless guy! I told him we had involved the police--(which was a little bluff) and that he needed to tell those people we knew who they were and wouldn't press charges it they returned to phone back to Millie's restaurant by 9 pm. I had text my phone a few time from online and told them to turn it in and they wouldn't be in trouble. .....We didn't hear anything for a while, but Brady went and checked on his way home and someone had brought it in!!!! CRAZY HUH? Haha! Anyway, we are all back at the Hotel and ready to head to bed! Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!!
The Edwards family! A HAPPY FAMILY!
Ahh. Nothing like a good carousel!
Mickey and Minnie on the parade!
K. Is this not a spittin image of Jack Sparrow??
Allie, Thanks for doing the dreaded tea cup ride when nobody else wood. BLAH!
During the Finding Nemo submarine ride, This is what Alex was doing the whole time. He was scared because he couldn't see me. So he just held on for dear life!
Dr. "Ride" and Boo chillin with the strollers!
Bubba was out cold!
Brinley and her teacher, Mrs. Adams....small world!
They have the greatest Halloween decorations up here!
How could you ever say no to this face? ..although it seems like I do about 350 times a day!
Aren't they cute? McKaylee is funny about posing in pictures so she stayed out on this one!
I could have just followed these barbershop quartet singers all over! That were amazing!
The parade!
This was Alex making asking a million questions and asking if the Sharks in nemo were real. Quite concerned!
And here is Alex's very favorite pastime ! I think it is almost fair to say it is his hobby!
Oh he is cute, isn't he

2 comments:

Lindsey Stubler said...

I can't believe someone took your phone! Nice detective work on getting it back though! Looks like you guys are having so much fun. I'm way jealous!

Anonymous said...

It's a miracle the post is up. Take a look! Have fun I miss you guys. Emily