So I'm doing the Husband Tag! I'm actually so happy to do it because Brady is so incredible! So here goes!.....1. Husbands name? Richard Brady Edwards
2. How long have you been married? 12 years
3.How long did you date? hmmmm. About 6 months then we were engaged for 4 months. But we have known each other since High School.
4. How old is he? 34
5. Who eats more sweets? Ah Crap. I hate this question because that would totally be ME! Brady loves licorice and a few other treats but as far as any baked treats or anything else, he will almost always pass them up. That is why I don't bake a ton because I would be the only one eating it!
6. Who said I love you first? Brady for sure. Right after he composed himself from sobbing and telling me how I was the most amazing person ever! OK, really, I'm not sure! I think I will say him though!
7. Who is taller? Brady for sure. He is 6'2. I fit just perfectly in the nook under his chin! I love it!
8. Who is smarter? OK, do you really even have to ask? Uh, I spent some time studying at the critically acclaimed Valley High....for summer school!....of course me! I'm sure anyone who really knows us will be laughing hysterically because I am not really the brightest person when it comes to book smarts!
9. Who sings the best? So I don't know the answer to this because Brady is completely tone deaf and has this monotone low voice when he sings but I absolutely love it! I'll never forget the 4th of July when we were all outside with my family watching fireworks and Brady just started belting the Star Spangled Banner at the top of his lungs. It was one of the funniest things ever! I love my baby's monotone ways!
10. Who does the laundry? Mostly me, but when I am overwhelmed Brady ALWAYS helps out with Laundry or whatever needs to be done!
11. Who pays the bills? Brady!! There is no way he would ever turn that over to me! That is is baby!
12.Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me. ALWAYS! No matter where we are. Always have to sleep on the right.
13. Who mows the lawn? Well, Brady always mowed up until this past summer when he was never home because of his busy work schedule. So I actually did it and cringed every time I did. I was afraid that my "lines" would not meet his approval! He is totally and completely weird about his "lines"...here is why. So that when the snow falls, you are still able to see the perfect lines. Not messy ones...yep, can you say OCD??
14. Who cooks dinner? Always me ..unless we are having Mac n cheese or Ramen noodles or having his favorite, Rock Creek Pizza. But he NEVER EVER EVER has expected me to have dinner cooked! That is one thing I love so much about him!
15.Who is the 1st to admit when they are Wrong? That would be him. 99% of the time. Unfortunately, us Dahlquist gals are super super stubborn!
16. Who kissed who first? Yikes. I think it was me. I was pretty aggressive if I remember right.
17. Who asked who out first? Well, in H.S that would be me. We actually never dated in High School but I did have a crush on him our Jr. Year. Brady loves to tell the story of how I
2. How long have you been married? 12 years
3.How long did you date? hmmmm. About 6 months then we were engaged for 4 months. But we have known each other since High School.
4. How old is he? 34
5. Who eats more sweets? Ah Crap. I hate this question because that would totally be ME! Brady loves licorice and a few other treats but as far as any baked treats or anything else, he will almost always pass them up. That is why I don't bake a ton because I would be the only one eating it!
6. Who said I love you first? Brady for sure. Right after he composed himself from sobbing and telling me how I was the most amazing person ever! OK, really, I'm not sure! I think I will say him though!
7. Who is taller? Brady for sure. He is 6'2. I fit just perfectly in the nook under his chin! I love it!
8. Who is smarter? OK, do you really even have to ask? Uh, I spent some time studying at the critically acclaimed Valley High....for summer school!....of course me! I'm sure anyone who really knows us will be laughing hysterically because I am not really the brightest person when it comes to book smarts!
9. Who sings the best? So I don't know the answer to this because Brady is completely tone deaf and has this monotone low voice when he sings but I absolutely love it! I'll never forget the 4th of July when we were all outside with my family watching fireworks and Brady just started belting the Star Spangled Banner at the top of his lungs. It was one of the funniest things ever! I love my baby's monotone ways!
10. Who does the laundry? Mostly me, but when I am overwhelmed Brady ALWAYS helps out with Laundry or whatever needs to be done!
11. Who pays the bills? Brady!! There is no way he would ever turn that over to me! That is is baby!
12.Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me. ALWAYS! No matter where we are. Always have to sleep on the right.
13. Who mows the lawn? Well, Brady always mowed up until this past summer when he was never home because of his busy work schedule. So I actually did it and cringed every time I did. I was afraid that my "lines" would not meet his approval! He is totally and completely weird about his "lines"...here is why. So that when the snow falls, you are still able to see the perfect lines. Not messy ones...yep, can you say OCD??
14. Who cooks dinner? Always me ..unless we are having Mac n cheese or Ramen noodles or having his favorite, Rock Creek Pizza. But he NEVER EVER EVER has expected me to have dinner cooked! That is one thing I love so much about him!
15.Who is the 1st to admit when they are Wrong? That would be him. 99% of the time. Unfortunately, us Dahlquist gals are super super stubborn!
16. Who kissed who first? Yikes. I think it was me. I was pretty aggressive if I remember right.
17. Who asked who out first? Well, in H.S that would be me. We actually never dated in High School but I did have a crush on him our Jr. Year. Brady loves to tell the story of how I
asked him to one dance and then asked him to the next dance the very next day after the dance we had just gone to. I don't remember being that completely pathetic. But he swears by it. He was hoping to go with Misty... And apparently, I beat her to it! Sorry Misty! But when he got home from his mission, he asked me out. We actually saw each other at a singles adult ward and I was dating someone else, and he said to my friend, Holli, "What in the heck is she doing dating that guy?" About 2 weeks later, he called and asked me out. And that was that! Although, I really have to say this because it is hilarious. When he came to pick me up for the date, he was wearing this totally nerdy lifesaver striped shirt and I remember thinking,"Ew..what the heck?" So I decided to be nice and compliment him on it and he said, "Hey thanks! My mom made it for me!" HAHAHA! Brady is and always will be a momma's boy!
18. Who wears the pants in the family? I'm gonna have to say- both of us, honestly.
*********************************18. Who wears the pants in the family? I'm gonna have to say- both of us, honestly.
I have the most amazing husband ever! He is my life! I really don't deserve him! He is the greatest husband! He is always asking what he can do for me or how he can help to lessen my load. We had a tough several years after we were married solely because of choices that I made. He stood by me and loved me through it all. Brady, I love you so much. I can't imagine my life without you. You are the greatest dad to our kids and they love you so much too! Thank you so much for loving me in spite of my flaws and everything that I had put you through for so long. You have made me who I am today and I love you so much for that! You are the reason I am a stronger, better person!
My sister Jill and I have been writing our own music for the last few years. I wrote a song for Brady called, "One of a Kind" and I am just gonna show the lyrics for the song because it completely says how I feel about him. The song came to me when I was in my bed down and out with a migraine and Brady was out taking care of the family and kept coming in to check on me. Everytime he would walk out of the room I would grab my yellow pad and start writing my thoughts. I wrote the song in about an hour. I truly believe those are the best songs that come to you very quickly...Sorry if this seems cheesy to some of you! Here are the lyrics...
ONE OF A KIND
When I look at you, here's what I see,
A person who is always looking out for me.
Someone who picks me up when I'm knocked down,
When I need a friend you're always around.
I never thought I'd meet someone like you,I wish you could see yourself the way I do.
You're one of a kind, no one's quite like you.
You lift me up, like no one else can do.
You showed me strength and helped me through
My world is brighter just because of you.
You're one of a kind.
How is it, that you always see the good in me?
You help me strive to be the best that I can be.
You're always here and you're by my side.
Standin' firm with your arms open wide.
I never thought I'd meet someone like you.
I wish you could see yourself the way I do.
With you in my life, things seem so much brighter,
You picked me up and made me a fighter.
You're one of a kind. One of a kind.
Brady thanks for all you do! I love you more than you will ever know!
I wanna hear about hubby's from Kristin N, and Emily J. Consider yourselves TAGGED..It's ok Marci, Tags can be kind of a pain!!





5 comments:
That was really cute!! I loved the song to!
Aahhhhh! So sweet! You are talking about Brady - right? j/k I have always told you he is perfect for you and a great hubby to you. Plus he let you get a dog! He is awesome and you totally deserve it! You are so talented! I would love to hear you sing it. Maybe we need to have a couples Valentine's Party.... hmmmm.
Good post...make sure Brady reads it!!! Thanks for tagging me, but have you ever seen a tag on my blog?? I don't love them...Our anniversary is coming up...maybe next week I will think about doing it. Not sure why I don't love them. Just don't. Never done one. Sorry. Don't be mad. Luv ya!
What a nice post! I hope Brady read that! And I love the song...you are so talented! I miss you!
That was so sweet!!! I loved your song. I wish I could hear you sing it. Maybe someday.
Post a Comment