I almost forgot, will you email me some pictures? kartchners@gmail.com That would be awesome. You don't have to do all of them, just some would be great! Thanks Jules!
Jennine, you have to read the little notes on the pictures. There was a picture of a BYU fan with a nice cold Coors light in his hand ....which is just funny anyway! And then he had a flask in his back pocket!!
9.1.10 Today Alex is home with the Stomach flu. It is so sad. I hate when my kids are sick. He has been in the bathroom every 15 minutes and just runs around the house holding his stomach crying! He said to me this am, "I'm never gonna get better! Can we PLEASE go to the dr?" When I explained that the dr can't do much for the flu he said, "Can you call and see if they like have a different kind of stomach I can use or something just til mine isn't sick anymore?"
4.29.10 So I was out late..late... tonight after a fun Jewelry party. I got to stay and chat with some good friends. About 1:00am, Alex climbed into bed with Brady and said, "I just didn't want you to be lonely since mom's not home yet!"
3.22.10 Brinley came up to me yesterday and said, "Mom, what does 'maturation' mean?" (McKaylee has her Maturation program tomorrow) So I said, "Its where you learn about how your body matures, and what changes your body will be having in the next few years."
She looked at me, giggled and said, "Oh yah, So they are pretty much just gonna talk about getting boobs?"
3.23.10 Yesterday, Alex came rushing in the kitchen and said, "Mom!! Can we go to the store today? There is something that we need on the Breakfast Isle!" So I said, "Ok, what is it?" He said, "Hang on!" and ran back into my bedroom to rewind the commercial he was just watching. Then came backout and said, "Frosted Flakes! Cause they make you play soccer better so I need them!"
2.26.10 Our kids are constantly DISGUSTED by any affection Brady and I show toward each other. They are constantly saying, "Get a Room!!" Not sure where they learned that. A few weeks ago, Brady and I were having a discussion at the dinner table and we decided we couldn't go into the whole discussion in front of the kids, so Brady said, "We'll talk about it later in our bedroom". And Brinley starts giggling and says, "Oh, I know why you are gonna "talk" in your bedroom.." ( she actually did the air quotes too! Then she said, "That's code for lets kiss"....sheesh. Where does she come up with these things?
2.26.10 Bubba had an eye infection a few weeks back and I told him that we needed to go to the doctor and that all he would do is shine a light in his eyes to check them. He looked at me and started bawling and said, "I don't want him to put a light in my eyes cause that will make me have different hair".. ...HUH? I had no clue what was going on in that little head of his so I asked what he was talking about and he said. "If you shine a light in someone's eyes it makes them blonde"..(not sure that he even knows that he is blonde, but to him this meant he would have different hair...HILARIOUS! ) He has always heard us say, "Don't shine the flashlight in someone's eyes cause it can make them go BLIND". So funny!
2.08.10 Today me and the kids were watching Michael Jackson's "This Is It"and I was explaining to the kids how several parts of the movie were filmed just a few days before he died. During one of the songs, "Jam", Alex turned to me and said, "So did he do this one while he was up in heaven? And are those dancers up in heaven with him?"
Funny. Then a few minutes later he said, "So is he in our heaven?" and I said, "I don't know. Probably." Thenhe said, "Oh that's awesome. He's probably up there taking care of Jada's dog, Lexi. (who died a few months ago! )
2.08.10 This morning, Alex and I were talking while we were having breakfast and out of the blue he said.."I know why Jesus died for us" So I said, "You do? Why?" Then he said, " So we could live" I said, "You are right! Wasn't that amazing that he would do that for us?" Then he said, "Yah. And I know he died on the cross, but what does that mean?" So I explained to him that the wicked people put nails through his hands and feet and then just left him there to suffer ........He sat there for about 30 seconds without saying anything and just looking at the ground and said, "He must really love us cause I bet that hurt him so bad. I can't believe he did that!" .....WOW! What a great moment as a parent to have your child truly understand what Christ went through for us.
11.14.09 The other morning we were kneeling to have family prayer before I rushed off to my hair appointment and Brady left to work. Sadie, my neice was coming over to babysit and the last few times she has come, Bubba has been sooooooo naughty and said horribly naughty things to her so during the prayer I said, "Please bless Alex, McKaylee, Brinley and ALEXto be good" (making sure he heard me) well he did..and he whispered, "Mom, you already said Alex". :) ....Then when Sadie was over he of course had a few naughty moments and said the dreaded words, "I hate you" well, when he found out he didn't get the little prize I brought home for him he said, "Mom, I didn't say 'I hate you' I promise! I said 'I ate you' cause I was hungry! " .....Man that kids thinks he is just too smart!
8.26.09 A few days ago during family prayer Alex said this,
"And please bless everyone to feel good and not be sick, exceptfor bad guys".....So there you have it. If any of you Robbers or murderers out there have been feeling under the weather, well, now you know why!
7.17.09 So tonight we were sitting around talking with the kids and I explained to them that not all mom's "breastfeed". McKaylee said, "Really? I didn't know that! " and Brinley said, "That's not weird, I'm for sure not going to!" So I asked her why and she said, "Because it's so GROSS!" Then she stood up and pointed to her boobs and said, "These precious things don't ever wanna be touched!".........................WHAT??? Seriously! Not sure where she comes up with these things!
7.14.09 The other day when we were going thru our new house I was showing my sister around and had showed her the "office" in the front of the house. When we were leaving, Alex came up to me and Kristin and said, "Hey! Dad doesn't have to go to work anymore cause he has an "office" in this house!"
6.15.09 The other morning I was in talking to Brady about a conversation I had with a friend..I used the term, "She threw me under the bus" ...and about 2 seconds later, Alex came running in and said, "WHAT? She threw you on top of a bus? THAT'S MEAN!"
5.30.09 Last night I was down on my hands and knees in my P.J's scrubbing the floor...(I know..quite a site! ) And Bubba came around the corner and said, "Whoa! Your bum is humungous! I thought baby Olivia was just in your tummy!" ....ahhhhh...Gotta love how honest your kids are!
5.19.09 Last night I was laying by Alex and out of the blue he said, "I don't wanna get married like you and Dad"...So I asked him why and he said, "Cause I don't ever want to kiss" Then I laughed and said, "Bubba, someday you will find a girl that you love and you won't mind kissing her when you are married." Then without even hesitating he said, "No....kissing is disgusting. I don't want to ever do it! It's gross!" So I just said, "Well, we'll see...maybe someday when you are all grown up you will like girls more!". Then after about 2 minutes of silence he said, "Ok...I'll marry Ashleigh. I would like to kiss her, I think!".....(Ashleigh is Brady's best friend Troy's 14 year old daughter!) So I said, "Oh yah, Ashleigh is nice and she's pretty". Then he said, "No mom, she's HOT!"
4.16.09 Alex had tball practice the other day and there is a darling little boy on his team who has Down Syndrome. Alex asked me why he was a little bit different and I said, "Well, he has special needs. He was born with something called Down Syndrome, but he is very sweet and you could be a good friend to him!" He sat there for a second and said, "Ah man, so can he run faster than everyone cause he has 'special knees?' "
4.04.09 Today my Dad was released as the General Young Men's President for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We watched as Elder Uchdorf read his release. Brinley said, "Ooh, does that mean he won't go on as many trips?" And McKaylee said, "Does that mean he has to take the picture of him and all of the other YM President's down?" Then Alex turned to me with an extremely sad face and said, "So is Grandpa gonna still be funny?"
3.31.09 This morning while Alex and I were having breakfast he said, "Can I please name our baby?" So I said, "Why? What would you name her?" He said, "Rori Ana"...(My friend named her ADORABLE little girl Rori Ana...she is beautiful!)
So I said, "If we named her that, we would get her mixed up with Jennine's Rori Ana. " Then he said, "Well, I just really don't want a baby with no hair"..(we have bald, bald babies)
Then he said, "I think if we name her Rori Ana, she will have lots of black hair and be really pretty!"
3.23.09 So we decided that Hank needed to go stay with his friend Tweeder and Tweeders mom, Jennine for a bit, while we are at Brady's parents. It is much less stress on Grandpa! We are all pretty sad, but Alex has been soooooo sad! Tonight he said..in all seriousness. "If Hank is gonna sleep over at Jameson's, I am gonna just go to! And you won't have to worry about me cause Hank will be there too! You can just drop me off in the morning!" So sad! Thanks Jennine! You are a lifesaver!
3.14.09 Last week when we first started packing, Alex had been so so so excited to pack his stuff! He turned to me and said, "So are Tyson and Tanner and Jameson all packing their stuff too?" ....So sad. He really thought our whole circle would just pick up and leave with us! :( I would be dealing with things much better, if that were true!
3.09.09 I'm sitting out here on the couch after a LONG day of packing...along with everything else, and I can hear Brinley in her room singing herself to sleep with this sweet little lullaby..haha......"Don'tcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me. Don'tcha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me..Don'tcha! Don'tcha!"...........Ahhhh, only Brinley...:)
2.26.09 Last night Alex was laying in my bed to go to sleep since Brady was gone. He turned to me and said, "When I get married to Jada (his cousin) we will probably kiss." And I said, "You will?" Then he said, "Yes! Cause after you get married, the guy says, 'You may now kiss the BRIGHT!'"
2.26.09 Yesterday Alex and I were at Target. He was sitting in the cart and a lady came behind us and couldn't get through the isle so she said, "Excuse me.." and walked through. Alex said (very loudly)..."That's DISGUSTING!" When I asked him what he was talking about he said, "That lady just walked by us and tooted!" I said, "She did?" and he said, "Yah! She said, 'excuse me' so that means she tooted...GROSS!"
2.07.09 Tonight Brinley got a letter in the mail from the Primary that said they were having a "Baptism" fireside tomorrow night for all of those who would be baptized this year. She is so excited about it, but keeps forgetting the word "Fireside"....Tonight she was saying her prayers and she said, "And bless me to have a good time at my 'campfire' tomorrow."
2.02.09 Me and the kids were in the car today, out running errands. I had none other than AEROSMITH playing ....of course! (Most of you know I am an Aerosmith fanatic!) The song, "Dude looks like a Lady" was on and Bubba said, "Yes!! I LOVE THIS SONG!" So I said, "Can you tell me who is singing?" Then he overly confident said, " Yep! It's Joseph Smith!!" Oooops! Pretty funny though, Aerosmith/Joseph Smith do sound a lot alike! I made sure to correct him though!
1.22.09 At the moment, Brinley is in her room absolutely sobbing...here's why. Brin has a hard time with constipation sometimes, so I told her she couldn't have any cheese for a few days because she LOVES cheese!! She ran in her room crying and said, "Why are you doing this to me? You are ruining my life! I cannot survive without cheese!" She just came out to me to apologize and said, "I'm sorry I freaked out.....but CHEESE, mom! This will be the hardest thing I ever have to do!" Ahhh....can't wait for her to read this when she is older!
6 comments:
Lucky girl!!! So wish I could have been there. We were celebrating with you. I'm making my husband take me with him to the bowl. Go UTES!!
BRRRR....did you freeze?
Your pics turned out AWESOME!!!!! I love it. We had SO much fun that night! Thanks for taking us. The whole game was just amazing!
I almost forgot, will you email me some pictures? kartchners@gmail.com
That would be awesome. You don't have to do all of them, just some would be great! Thanks Jules!
Why the picture of the guys butt? I meant it doesnt surprise me coming from you, but am I missing something? PERVO!
Jennine, you have to read the little notes on the pictures. There was a picture of a BYU fan with a nice cold Coors light in his hand ....which is just funny anyway! And then he had a flask in his back pocket!!
Post a Comment