Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The "Santa Cause"

So I know this is 2 posts in one day, but I feel so passionately about this "Santa Cause" so I am doing a little blurb on it! A family friend of ours, Nathan Bray has put together a program this year called the "Santa Cause". They are hoping to raise just $5,000 to help several families in need. I have read the stories of the families they will be helping and they are completely heart breaking. You don't realize how much you have until you take a look at other peoples hard, hard situations. I know with the economy this year, everyone is a little strapped...maybe a lot. But if you are able to do ANYTHING at all, it is really a great cause. They are also needing volunteers for wrapping, delivering, and much more. If you are on facebook, look up all the posts that Nathan Bray has posted on his profile. He goes into much detail as to what they are doing! And here is the website if you are interested!
He is a long time family friend and is doing this just because he feels passionately about helping others this Christmas season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check it out. It's hard cuz there are SO many things you can do to help and you sometimes have to choose just one. I'm doing sub for santa (as u know)and Jons employer did more lay offs. and I'm sure it will continue since his job is tied to the stock market! I wish I could help everyone! as for you flaking on me! ha ha JUST KIDDEN! I'm not worried. You can even just bring it to church if that's easier. Or I can make it to your house sometime. OR if you're out and about leave it on my doorstep if nobody answers and I'll bring ya money on Sunday. Whatever works. I'm not worried about it! Thanks so much! Thanks again for the gifts for the family I'm sponsoring. I'm sure she will love them!

Kara said...

Hey Julie I tagged you. Your it!! J/k. Thanks for posting the information about the Santa Cause. Love to help out.