Friday, January 23, 2009

Alex's First BMX Race!!!

Tonight was Alex's first BMX race. A few weeks ago, we went to watch a few of Alex's older buddies race. While we were there, they did a thing where any kid could go out and race one time around. There were kids on trikes, training wheels and pretty much anything. Some even had their parents pushing them through the course. So our neighbor, Rory, took Alex and he used his little friend's bike. He made it the whole way by himself and after that was insistent that we sign him up! So we did! He hasn't talked about anything else since...."When do I race? Is it my race yet? Did Dad get my Bike?"
So of course, with his Dad owning a Bike Shop, he got a new awesome racing bike and all of the gear too! He looks so dang cute with the whole "get up" on!

So he raced the first Moto and had a little "spill"....but got right back up! Then he did his second Moto and came in 2nd place! It was such an exciting race! So then he was in the semi-finals where he was actually the youngest of all of the racers. He actually had quite the spill on that one, but again, got right up and finished the race!!!

He didn't care at all that he fell because he still got a trophy!! He had such a great time racing and I'm sure will be doing it for quite a while!

Brady just kept saying over and over....."Ahhh, this is my proudest moment ever! He just got back up and kept going!!!"

Way to go Bubba! We are so proud of you!


Brady helping Alex at the gate.


Bubba at the finish line!
Look close at this one! Alex is in the red Jersey....The kid in front of him totally biffed it and Alex went right around him!



Alex and his PROUD Dad!

7 comments:

Fritzsche's said...

He looks so cute! I can't believe he went around that kid. Way to go Bubba!

Heidelweiss said...

That may be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Shanna said...

What a hard core little boy! that is so awesome you guys let him do that. What a great experience!

Aimee said...

WOW!!! This is awesome. Way to go bubba!!!!! I love the first pic of Brady with Alex at the gate!

Carrie Wagstaff said...

I had no idea they even had races for kids that young. What a tough little guy! He looks so cute in all that gear. Oh and that's so great you're having a girl! Congrats!!

These Are The Days said...

Hey Julie, Thanks for stopping by again. I used to say I would NEVER homeschool too. My older sisters did it and always asked me when I was going to. As my kids got a little older, and curriculum and resources became so readily available, I saw that it was possible. Knowing my kiddos are growing so fast gave me the desire to spend more time with them. It also helps that the boys love to learn and thrive on it. Like in the summers or on breaks, they were wanting to read a ton, do math and science etc. It has been pretty easy other than the lack of 'me time' I now have.

I hope you are feeling good. Your little guy is so cute, what a dare devil. My ten year old just learned to ride his bike last year, it had been a fear of his. He was so embarrassed once he realized it's easy. However, racing is a whole other thing.

Stop by my blog for the GIVE AWAY. Riversidescholars.blogspot.com

Buffy Clark said...

okay....so I have a 4 year old too and he can't even ride a bike without training wheels....so yeah I am pretty impressed with the whole BMX race!!!