Wow! I am seriously having some bad attitude issues this past week! I am completely and utterly ornery and mean 24/7!! Growing up, my Dad would always say, "Julie, do you have a chip on your shoulder?" Of course, I would always answer, "NO!" Well this time, I am guilty of having a MAJOR CHIP ON MY SHOULDER!!My emotions have been off the charts CRAZY this past week! Crying cause I miss my friends in my neighborhood, angry with EVERYONE about not being in my home yet, and beyond sad because I did not have my puppy Hank with me. Well, we have Hank back now....THANK YOU JENNINE!!! YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!! I LOVE YOU!!!But I am miserable!!! And I figured out why!
Not because of my situation...(living with my in-laws, living out of boxes, commuting 3 and 4 times a day to haul kids back and forth to school, sharing a kitchen, and so much more) But because I AM CHOOSING TO BE MISERABLE!!!!! Honestly, it is exhausting! I need to just UP MY ATTITUDE and be grateful for all that I do have! ..A home to stay in while we are waiting on our house, a very welcoming Grandma and Grandpa who are sharing their home with us, a great opportunity for a new chapter in our life, and last but not least, a healthy, happy family!
The last few days, I have had some major humbling conversations with family and friends who are struggling with loved ones with serious health issues, loss of loved ones, loss of work, and much more! Wow! I feel horrible that I have wasted a whole week of my life being completely miserable and ornery with EVERYONE! It's time for me to make a serious attitude adjustment and lose the "Chip on my shoulder":)
I found these few quotes that were just what I needed for an extra boost! A few are by Dr. Seuss...One of my heroes! He always makes me smile! :)
*********************************************************
"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -Abraham Lincoln
****************************************************************************
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
-...Dr. Seuss
****************************************************************************
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
-...Dr. Seuss
*****************************************************************************
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. "
-Dr. Seuss
******************************************************************************
"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." -Helen Keller
*******************************************************************************
So starting right now, I am going to lose the "chip on my shoulder" and be HAPPY!!! Thanks to all of you who are such examples of Strength!!! You are truly amazing! I am who I am today because of you! So make this week a GREAT ONE!!!!





10 comments:
Julie i love how real you are. i think we all go through this and often times nobody admits they need to have a change in their attitudes. I totally feel ya though, sometimes life gives ya lemons and ya wanna throw them against the wall...you're not alone friends. Good luck with the rest of the move though! we'll pray it goes smoothly for ya.
you're cute:) It's ok to have some bad days...at least u are aware that u need to change your attitude! Things will get better. You're dealing with a lot and pregnancy hormones don't make it any easier!
Sorry, I think I've only signed into facebook once since I had the baby. I really liked Dr. Rigby he was super nice, BUT my epideral wore off twice on the right side!! I assume it wasn't his fault? prob just my body? But it wore off the second time when I was SUPER close so it was painful!!! I was shaking so freaken hard!
haha- I LOVE your blog. You are so cute - and you live so close... why haven't I seen you??? We need a girl's lunch. When can you come?
I recently found my most favorite Dr. Seuss book EVER at the library with my kids..Maybe you have read it....
"Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?"
http://www.librarything.com/work/209618
I want to read it everyday! You are one of the most positive people I know, We all have our days and it's ok. You have a lot of BIG changes going on right now so it is only expected that you would have some "emotional" days. I know you - and you will back on your happy horse in no time!
Good for you Jules! You forgot one major quote from one of my all time FAVORITES!! A wise, old, jamaican with nasty dreads once said... "Dont worry, be happy!" I always sing that song in times like these. By the way, I love that your naming your baby Rori Ana! And give Hanky a kiss from me!
By the way.. Check out the new post on my blog!! Its exciting!!
What a nice post. I do have to tell you - - I thought the pic at the first was Alex!!! I had to do a double take!!
Anyway - - hang in there! We all have good days, and bad days. And it is okay. Good for you for trying to have a change of attitude! (Although you always seem so happy and positive to me!) Hang in there!
I love this post! What a great outlook. Those are some great quotes too!
When you are pregnant you have every right to have a nasty attitude, or be as raunchy as you want to be. I was totally like that the whole time I was pregnant. I didn't mean to be, but I just was! When you are creating human life, you get to act any way you want! So go ahead and stay the way you want, you will come around sooner or later!
Jules, you are amazing. Give yourself a break. You are allowed to be onrey and mean. You are pregnant and tired and living in someone elses house! Your situation sucks right now and sometimes you just need to rent your frustrations to get it out and feel better. i almost cried reading your post because I have been there. I love you and if you want to drop Alex off to play, please do!!!
You're pregnant and your whole life has kinda been thrown upside down so I think you have a right to be a little ornery! But good for you for recognizing it and wanting to change it. If anyone can do it, it's you! Hang in there!
Post a Comment