Ok, so it's not as much "Bird On a Wire"...More like "Bird on the chain link fence that backs my yard." :) So we are pretty sure we have a few Quails nests up on our roof. I was looking out my kitchen window last week and noticed the most adorable little baby Quail running around. There are seriously about 30 little babies and they are so stinkin' cute!Here is what is so interesting. The Daddy Quail sits up on the fence keeping watch. Then the mom is down with the little babies to help them find food. It is the neatest thing to watch. I sat and watched them for about an hour yesterday while I was HAND WASHING my dishes because our dishwasher pooped out on me. Luckily, it's fixed now! I watched as the mama Quail waited until each of her little babies made it across the patio. They just scurry around and are the CUTEST things I've ever seen. I watched the Mama Quail break up a little fight over some food between two of her babies. She just gave them a little peck and they both were on their way. I wish it was that easy for this Mama! I get so excited every morning to come watch these little birds and of course am now leaving little crumbs out for them each morning. Needless to say, we don't let Hank out in the back much or he would treat himself to a few of these little baby Quail!









4 comments:
I waaant onnne!! So cute!! I wanted to get some yard birds but we have to many dogs and cats running around here. By the way, I saw what Brin said about breasfeeding! I agree!! That is too funny!! We sure are missing you guys.
Look at you little nature lover! Let see some pictures of that house! Miss you tonz!
Trent and the kids are begging for a dog. Maybe I need to trap some quail in the yard to entertain them! I'd like that much better. ;) Sounds like you're in your house now. Congrats! I wish we were in ours. But you were right...the kids are liking sharing a room in our apartment. It's like a slumber party every night! The pictures of Olivia are adorable!
We also see several birds (we have a bird bath in the back yard) last week - a bird flew right into our sliding glass door and then stood there stunned for about 10 minutes. In that 10 minutes, I took the kids outside to see him close up (and to make sure he was okay) it was so amazing - so I know what you mean!
Post a Comment